FESI (Fédération Européenne des Syndicats d’Entreprises d’Isolation) is the European Federation of Associations of Insulation Contractors. FESI was founded on 23rd October 1970 and is an independent European Federation representing the insulation contracting sector. FESI promotes insulation as one of the best, the most cost-effective and sustainable manner to save energy. FESI represents the insulation associations from 18 European countries whose members are active in insulation for the industry, the commercial and the building sectors, as well as for shipping, insulation, soundproofing and fire protection.
The Benefits of Insulation
- Insulation is the simplest energy saving solution and it works!
- Insulation reduces the CO2 emissions and hence effectively reduces global warming
- Insulation protects personnel and equipment by limiting surface temperature and infrastructure (safety)
- Insulation is basic technology with proven economic advantage and gives a quick pay back
- Insulation prevents the loss of heat and cold and enables all kind of industries to run their processes under optimum conditions and also enables people to live and work in comfortable conditions
- Insulation controls condensation and corrosion
- Insulation controls noise
- Insulation protects against fire
The primary purpose of insulation is for process control. However, through insulation the combination of conservation and low maintenance cost of the total production system can be achieved, the result being a sustainable installation.