Every two years FESI organises the European Insulation Apprentice Championship, where teams from different European countries compete to win the gold medal. But due to Corona in 2020 this has been postponed now to 2021.
The apprentice championship has the following goals:
- Promote high standards and quality in insulation and cladding work.
- Provide recognition of the quality of the craftsmanship of the competitors.
- Award the best national apprentice by allowing him to participate in the European Apprentice Championship.
- Test the capabilities of the competitors in insulation and cladding work.
- Encourage and intensify the contacts between the competitors in order to get to know each other better and to learn about methods and working procedures from each other.
- Work together and create mutual understanding and friendship among the competitor
Demonstration of insulation skills
From 12 - 14 October 2021 at the Brabanthallen in Den Bosch (Netherlands). Those three days National Associations will send in their expertise the demonstrate the insulation skills. The booth and presentations are located in the middle of the largest energy efficiency fair of the Benelux. Industrial Heat&Power / Energie Vakbeurs / Ecomobiel / Prefab is the high level environment were technical insulation is clearly present in the hall of Industrial Heat & Power. Exhibiters are manufacturers and suppliers for insulation.
About FESI European Championship 2018:
German association ZDB won the FESI European Championship
| May 2018 | Cologne (Germany)
The winners of the FESI European Championship on 16 & 17 May 2018 in Cologne were:
- First prize
Balàzs Kis and Marvin Heindl, from the German association ZDB.
- Second prize
Kevin Gräb and David Jelusic, from the German association Hauptverband der Deutschen Bauindustrie e.V.
- Third Prize
Krzysztof Bigos and Grzegorz Machota, from the Polish association Polskie Stowarzyszenie Wykonawców Izolacji Przemysłowych.
The FESI Championship 2018 was in Cologne (Germany) on 16th – 17th May. The competition took place at the IEX (Insulation Expo Euro), the world’s largest insulation exhibition, gathering the leading manufacturers, distributors, processors and constructors.
This year, 10 two-person teams from 9 different European countries competed in the Championship to be awarded first prize: Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland and UK.
The jury consisted of four well-experienced judges: Ornando Keerveld from The Netherlands, Craig Swallow from UK, Ernst Schöfbeck from Austria, and Walter Riering from Germany. They were impressed by the quality of the insulation work performed by all participating teams. The apprentices showed in the competition that with their experience they are on the right track toward developing their professional career in the insulation field.
Championships' Photo Gallery: